Troy has it all and more ~ a fantastic place to call home
Troy is simply a fabulous place to live. The city is thriving and has top ranked schools, the greatest mall (Somerset Collection) and so many restaurants. It’s centrally located with so many beautiful homes!
Troy is the most up-and-coming city in the Detroit area. Ranked the safest city in Michigan and one of the best cities to live in by CNN/Money. Troy is known for it’s affordable housing, strong schools, restaurants and recreational opportunities.
Motto: The City of Tomorrow.....Today
Troy, Michigan is located at the heart of Metropolitan Detroit’s northern suburbs. The estimated 2016 population is 83,181, making it the largest city in Oakland County. It is a leading business and shopping destination with premier office centers and the upscale Somerset Collection. Troy is home to a wide range of businesses – from small family run operations to Fortune 500 companies. This vibrant and diverse international community is home to strong neighborhoods, top ranked schools, low property tax rates, and outstanding city services.
It is no wonder that Troy continues to receive national recognition. In 2016, it was ranked as the Safest Michigan City and 23rd overall Safest City in the United States. Nerd Wallet named Troy the 4th best small city in the U.S. to start a business (2015) and #1 among the best cities in Michigan for young families after assessing the city’s cost of living, education system and economic growth. Niche Rankings designated it the #1 best town in Michigan to raise a family (2015). In 2014, 24/7 Wall Street named Troy the 7th best city to live in the U.S. Whether you are a business searching for a strategic location or a family seeking a place to live with a high quality of life, check out Troy. The welcome mat is out.
Award Winning Schools
People with children are flocking to Troy and with good reason!
The district is rated 8 out of 10 by Great Schools with Troy High and Troy Athens both receiving 10 out of 10!
You can find plenty of information on the school district: Troy Schools
The purpose of the Troy School District is to ensure learning for all members of the school community.
The Troy School District will become an exemplary learning community that supports innovation and is committed to continuous improvement. The District will be a place where a collaborative community develops curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment to ensure all students learn.
Our exemplary learning community will:
Create a collaborative culture that ensures all students learn.
- A climate that fosters instructional collaboration
- A community of trust, mutual respect, empathy.
- An appreciation for diversity
- A physically safe and well-maintained learning environment
- Lessons aligned to the current curriculum benchmarks, grade level content expectations (GLCE) or high school content expectations (HSCE)
- A comprehensive curriculum designed to ensure that all students have opportunities to exceed local, state, and national standards
- Innovative programs developed from current research and instructional trends.
- Purposeful use of instructional time
- Instructional strategies that meet the needs of all learners
- Design formative and summative assessments based on current research.
- Assessments that measure the curriculum
- Assessments that consider all learning styles
- Assessment that include multiple levels of thinking
Literacy: All students will be on track to be college/career ready in literacy.
Mathematics: All students will be on track to be college/career ready in mathematics.
Science: All students will be on track to be college/career ready in science.
Social Studies: All students will be on track to be college/career ready in social studies.
- The School District is committed to excellence.
- The School district is a key element in the community and has a responsibility to be a resource for enhancing the quality of life for all citizens.
- The educational process is a partnership with the entire community including family, business, and community organizations.
- The educational programs will provide each student the best opportunity to learn, to develop personally and to experience success.
- Public education is fundamental to the preservation and advancement of freedom, democracy, and an effective free enterprise system.
- Positive self-concept and respect for others is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- The educational process will allow for the unique qualities of each individual.
Properties marked with the "IDX" logo are provided courtesy of Realcomp II, Ltd. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Any use of search facilities of data on this site, other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified. Originating MLS: Realcomp II Ltd.